.tabs .widget li, .tabs .widget li{ display: inline; float: none;}

Sunday 23 August 2015

Healthy Eats 5 - Healthy Eating Motivation


Hey everyone, as you will be aware this post is my last weekly healthy eats post so from now on I will be doing the Healthy Eats posts monthly. Today's post is probably the most significant one, healthy eating motivation. Today I'm going to go through tips and reasons for eating healthily and I hope they help motivate you.

The first thing I want to share with you is a fact that at first I couldn't quite believe, I found this fact on @rebeccalouisefitness on instagram.

Your body is 80% the food you put in and 20% the workouts you do.

I've always been a big lover of chocolate so in the past I have eaten quite unhealthily, I always used to tell myself that it was fine because I do a lot of workouts and sport. However this fact proves that you can't just do a lot of sport and expect to have your ideal body you have to eat healthily as well.

If for you (like myself) chocolate or sweets are your biggest weakness, I would recommend only allowing yourself to eat them as a reward for example:
For every 5 pieces of fruit you eat you allow yourself one bar of chocolate.
Or for every 3 workouts you do you allow yourself one packet of sweets.

I think using sweet treats as rewards is a great idea because not only are you eating less sweet treats it will also motivate you to do more exercise or to eat more fruit. You just need to make sure that you stick to the rewards and targets you have set yourself.


I think there are 2 things that are the fall down for most peoples diets and healthy eating routines:

Cravings and going to parties

Cravings are most peoples biggest weakness so if you want more information about how to stop your cravings I do a more in depth cravings post here.

If you know that you are going to party so you know you will probably end up pigging out on an unhealthy but delicious selection of treats then my you would be to eat extra healthily the few days before. That way if you end up eating unhealthily at the party it won't hurt as much because you have eaten extra healthily in the few days leading up to it.

I feel like I've just rambled for ages, sorry! I just do hope that this post can be of some help to you, it certainly made me rethink some of the things I'm eating. See you soon!


No comments :

Post a Comment