.tabs .widget li, .tabs .widget li{ display: inline; float: none;}

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Healthy Eats - My Flapjack Recipe

Today I have a delicious, healthy flapjack recipe for you. I originally found a recipe on BBC GoodFood but I changed the original recipe and adapted it so much that I consider it to be my own. What I like most about my recipe is that it doesn't include bananas, whereas most recipes do, and I don't like bananas. I found that most of the ingredients in the recipe we had at home which is always handy.


Ingredients:
1 Apple peeled and grated
50g of unsalted butter plus a little extra for greasing
3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
4bsp of honey
250g of rolled oats
85g mixed seeds (I used golden linseed, sunflower and sesame)
85g of dried fruit (optional)

Method
1. Pre heat the oven to 160C/Gas Mark 6
2. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment
3. Heat the butter, peanut butter and honey in a saucepan until melted. Once melted add the grate Apple and 100l of hot water, mixed to combine.
4. Put your oats, seeds and optional dried fruit into a bowl and pour in the combined mixture over the top of the oats and seeds.
5. Mix until all the dry ingredients are coated with the wet mixture. Then tip into the tin and level the surface.
6. Bake for 45-60mins until slightly golden. Leave in the fridge to cool, cut into pieces and enjoy!

This recipe is great for people like me who have a sweet but still want to eat healthily, this flapjack will give you your sweet fix without being too unhealthy! 

What do you prefer Sweet or Savory?




1 comment :

  1. Yum. I will definitely need to try this recipe! Nice post.
    Sam :)
    samworldswonder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete