.tabs .widget li, .tabs .widget li{ display: inline; float: none;}

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Braces and Retainers My Experience ❤

Hey everyone, so today I am going to do an advice post! From April 2012 (ish) February 2014 I had numerous sets of braces and retainers and I feel like I have some advice and motivation that I want to share with you. So lets get started...

1. Wax - From my orthodontist I got some special wax that you put at the back of your braces to stop them from rubbing on the insides of your mouth, it is really useful! I would definitely recommend because it is almost certain that your braces will cut the inside of your mouth and the wax really helps it. One tip: don't use if you are about to eat, I would say the best time to use it is before bed.

2. Toothbrush at School - You can get special toothbrushes that have pointed tips, these are perfect for getting food out from between your braces. I would also recommend taking one to school for after lunch, it is quick to do and then you don't feel disgusting for the rest of the day.

3. Wear your Retainers - I know a lot of people don't consistently wear their pre or post train track retainers which I think is mad1 I had retainers before train tracks and although I thought that they were horrible at the time, I know realize that the shorten the train track process by miles! I now have to wear retainers every night since having braces and because your teeth are always moving I find that if i leave them out for even only 1 night then I can certainly feel it the next time I come to wear them. That is why it is so important to wear them, because if you don't then your teeth will just go back to normal.

I hope you found this post useful and thank you for reading.


2 comments :

  1. Your teeth look amazing! And, I adore your new blog design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how to take care of the teeth while having braces and retainers. It’s really important that you maintain a good dental regimen while you have braces, since food tend to get stuck on braces more often than not. I hope that people who are contemplating on getting braces will get to read your blog post, as it can be very helpful to them. Good day!

    Shannon Barrett@ BestCareDentalCenter.com

    ReplyDelete