.tabs .widget li, .tabs .widget li{ display: inline; float: none;}

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Working out - is YouTube the answer?

Hey everyone, I hope you're enjoying the gorgeous weather! Sorry for the inconsistent posting its the end of the netball season and I'm in a play that is being performed next week. But in the summer I will have more time to post so hopefully I will get into a pattern. I've been desperate to post this post because I personally love completing a good workout; it boosts my body confidence and it boosts my energy levels. I know sometimes going for a run is not ideal and not everyone's cup of tea so I recently have been completing lots of workouts on YouTube to help tone up. I wanted to share my YouTube workout experience with you so that is what I decided to do today.


Picture Source: http://angelphyreallstars.com/exercise-classes/

The first thing is where do you look? Well some of my favourite YouTube channels for workout videos are:

POPsugar fitness - A lot of medium sized videos (15-30min) all with different focuses, they often have special guests or use interesting equipment. I really like their '10 TV Tone-up' video, it is easy to do in your living room and is really toning.

XHIT Daily - Short, high intensity workout videos each with a specific focus, I particularly love their Victoria's Secret Angels workout playlist.

FitnessBlender - Fitness Blender is run by a couple and their videos have a wide duration from 5mins to over an hour. I often use their videos if I want to do a longer more intense workout which really focuses on a very specific area.

The next question is what should my body focus be?

Obviously it is very much dependent on the individual but I think my personal body focus is definitely my legs and abs. Ive seen a huge difference and I think they are the most noticeable.

So is YouTube the answer to working out?

I don't think YouTube could ever be the complete alternate to working out because of adverts and peoples access to YouTube. But I definitely think that YouTube videos are a better alternative to workout DVDs because no one wants to pay for a DVD where they get 1 workout when they can access hundreds on YouTube for free! I would definitely recommend regularly using YouTube videos to workout if you want to get toned because the difference is insane!

Hope you enjoyed this post, see you next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment