.tabs .widget li, .tabs .widget li{ display: inline; float: none;}

Monday 15 June 2015

Skincare Routine




Hey everyone, so for quite a while now I have wanted to share with you my skincare routine because I only recently regularly started following a skincare routine. Since starting a regular skincare routine the difference has been astonishing and very noticeable. I do this skincare routine every night and it consists of 4 simple stages. All the products I use in my skincare routine are quite affordable and work really well so I hope you find this post useful, let's get started.

1. Facewash
I have 2 face washes Johnson Johnson exfoliating face wash and the simple moisturising face wash. I use both but personally my favourite is the Johnson Johnson one by far the simple face wash is a lot more moisturising but the Johnson Johnson face wash is very exfoliating. To use this face wash first I wet my face then I squirt 2 pea sized blobs of the face wash on my hand, I then rub my hands together to form a lather. I massage this into my face focusing on the areas where I get the most blackheads, I leave the face wash on for a minute before rinsing off. I use this face wash in the mornings and evenings and using it twice a day decreases blackheads even more. What I love about this face wash is that it includes micro beads which are really good at unblocking pores, I definitely recommend this face wash.

2. Cleanser
For cleanser I like to use the infamous Garnier Micellar Cleansing water. I love this cleanser because it makes my skin feel really clean and fresh. This cleanser also comes with a lot of product so it lasts ages! I use a cotton wool pad to apply about half a teaspoon amount all over my face. I think the key to this product is not too use too much, I always end up applying too much. I did actually post a review of this product so if you would like to see an in-depth description of this product then click here.

3. Toner
I use No7's Soft and Gentle toner, to be honest I've never really understood the purpose of using a toner but when I don't use it, I really notice. Recently I ran out of this and the amount of spots I had rapidly increased and my skin appeared more 'patchy'. I use this product after my cleanser and I apply it in the same way. I put a small amount on a cotton pad and apply it evenly across all my face making sure I cover my face completely and evenly. 

4. Moisturiser
The final step in my skin care routine is to moisturiser, before starting a skin care routine I often got a very dry chin which resulted in a lot of chin breakouts. Since using a moisturiser I've had barely any breakouts on my chin, the difference is unreal! The moisturiser I use is the simple kind to skin moisturiser and I love it because it feels so gentle and soft. I apply a pea sized amount (that's literally all you need) using my hands and I massage it into my skin in circular motions. I actually apply this in the morning before make up as well as before bed.

Thank you ever so much for reading this post, sorry if I have blabbed on a bit, I just wanted to give you as much information as possible. I think I would quite like to do more routine posts so comment below if there are any routines that you want to see. Also I have now reached 2050+ page views (admittedly some of them are me just checking what new posts look like) but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to anyone who has even looked on my blog; it means so much to know that people actually read my posts. See you next time,

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on over 2k views!!! I loved this post xx

    ReplyDelete